|Discover Your Call! Dependable Strengths® In Your Congregation helps you and members of your congregation uncover their unique pattern of excellence by reviewing positive experiences from their lives. Knowing their dependable strengths can lead members to do more of what they do well and enjoy doing and to lay claim to their callings in daily life.|
This workshop combines brief lectures with individual exercises and small group experiences. Through the first part you will learn about your own pattern of unique strengths, identifying and articulating your core abilities, talents, and skills – your ”best self”. The second part will teach you how to plan and lead “Discover Your Dependable Strengths” workshops in your own congregation; you will learn how to help others uncover their strengths and apply this learning to situations in their homes, workplaces, communities, and congregations. PDF Brochure
You will learn to:
- Make better choices and commitments at home, work, school, and church
- Have a clearer sense of God’s call in your daily life
- Teach others to uncover their own pattern of dependable strengths
- Plan and publicize workshops in your own congregation.
Here’s what participants had to say about this class:
- “I learned to articulate and claim the strengths that are unique to me … and am now able to share these with others in all arenas of my life.”
- “Great hands-on course with lots of material to take back to the congregation!”
- “This course has concrete application for congregation members and their work in the world.”
And here's how two participants illustrated their experience:
Sally Peters, Centered Life manager, and Sara Fortin, training consultant, have both been trained at the Center for Dependable Strengths at the University of Washington.
$250 for 3-day course
Visit www.luthersem.edu/lifelong_learning/kairos/ or call 651.641.3416.